Dr M G Jomon
Qualification : Fellow (PM&IR, XLRI-AHRD); M.Phil (Delhi)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Functional Area : Human Resource Management and Organizational Behaviour
Languages Known : English, Malayalam, Hindi, Sanskrit & Telugu.
- XLRI-AHRD Fellow (Ph.D) conferred during the 1999 convocation at XLRI, Jamshedpur. The Thesis was on "A Study of Effectiveness of HRD Audit as an OD intervention".
- M.Phil (PM&IR) from Delhi University (DSSW). The study was on "Informal Sector: Case of Head Load Workers and their Families".
- First Class and First Rank in PM&IR and holds record for highest marks in MA (SW), Loyola College, Vijayawada, Nagarjuna University.
- Professor - XLRI Jamshedpur since 2007
- Associate Professor - Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar [49 months]
- Manager-HR and OD - Apollo Tyres LTD, Perambra, Kerala [ 35 months]
- HRD/OD Advisor - Alexandria Carbon Black Co. [7 months]
- Faculty - Academy of Human Resources Development, Hyderabad [17 months]
- HRD/OD Management Consultant - T V Rao Learning Systems (TVRLS) Private Ltd, Ahmedabad [17 months]
- Research Fellow - Academy of Human Resources Development [17 months]
Dr M G Jomon
- Organizational Behavior (Individual and Group)
- Human Resource Planning(HRP)
- HR Issues and Mergers and Acquisitions
- Introduction to Human Resource Management
- Performance Management Systems
- Research in Managerial competencies and performance(Doctoral elective)
- HR Tools and Techniques
- HR Audit
- P.B. Srikant and MG Jomon. (2016). Role breadth and role performance: An empirical investigation" Management and Labour Studies, Sage publication, Vol. 40, No 3&4 (accepted for publication).
- Arup Roy Chowdhary (2016). Talent categorization and justice perception: An empirical study, The Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, Vol. 51(3), January 2016
- Balasubrmanyam R and MG Jomon (2015). Why happiness is critical for individual performance? IIMS Journal of Management Science, Vol. 6, No. 1, Jan-April 2015
- P.B. Srikant and MG Jomon . (2015). Perception of managerial competency needs: An Indian perspective, South Asian Journal of Human Resource Management (2) 2, 139-170
- Payal Kumar, I.S.F. Irudayaraj, M.G. Jomon, Manish Singhal (2013). The Shadow of Negative Mentoring at the Workplace, Management and Labour Studies, Sage Publications, (38)4 357-371.
- P.B. Srikant and MG Jomon . (2013) Role Ambiguity and Role Performance Effectiveness: Moderating effect of Feedback Seeking Behavior". Asian Academy of Management Journal, Vol 18 no. 2, 2013.
- Sushmita Srivastava and MG Jomon. (2013). Outcome linkage in Formal & Supervisory Mentoriang in a Business Orgnaizatiin, The Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, Vol. 49, No. 1, July 2013
- Sushita Srivastava and MG Jomon. (2013). Mentoring & Perforamnce: Implications for Business Orgnanization, The Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, Vol. 48, No. 4, April 2013.
- P.B. Srikant and MG Jomon . (2013). Is my Job at all? The impact of Flexible Role Orientation in Predicting Extra Role behavior. Sothern Management Review, Volume 38, No2, 2013 Georgia Southern University, USA.
- Self-Knowledge of Executives: An Assessment, Vilakshan-XIMB Journal of Management, Vol II, Issue 2, September, 2005.
- Corporate Governance, 27th Eastern India Regional Conference, Rourkela, 12th December, 2004.
- Intellectual capital management and work culture in Kerala! Challenges for HRM, Kerala Personnel, Vol. XIII No.4, April-June, 2004.
- HRD Interventions and Behavioural Changes: Case of absenteeism, In. Pareek, Aahad, Ramnarayan, Rao(eds.). Human Resource Development in Asia, Oxford and IBH Publishing Co., New Delhi , 2002.
- Industrial Relations to Human Resources Development, Organizational Management, Vol. XVIII. No.2 July Sept. 2002.
- Identification, Assessment and Development of Role-Competencies in Organizations, Rajagiri Management Journal, Vol.II. Issue1. January-June 2001.
- Evaluation of HRD in informal organizatons Towards a Model, Organizational Management, Vol. XV. No.1, April-June, 1999.
- Beneath the measuring scale, Human Capital, Vol.3.No.4 September 1999.
- Managing Performance: Ready, get, set and go, Human Capital, Vol.13.No.7 December 1999.
- Towards Individual Centered HRM A shift in paradigm In. Balaji C, Chandrasekhar, Dutta Rajan (Eds.) Leading Change through Human Resources, Tata McGraw Hill Publishing Company Ltd, New Delhi, 1998
- Where Customer`s the real boss, Human Capital, Vol.1, No.6, November 1997.
- The new HRD manager, Manas, Vol.1. No.1, June 1997.
- Has HRD Professionalized Yet? HRD Newsletter, Vol.II, No.3 July - Sept. 1995.
- Re-engineering of IR Function - shift in Paradigm, In. Dharni P Sinha & others (eds.), Aligning Human Resources process: challenges of development. Tata McGraw Hill publishing Company limited, New Delhi, 1996.
- Towards creative learning, 1996 international seminar on school effectiveness and classroom process at primary stage. Organized by National Council of Educational Research and Training, New Delhi.
- The new HRD Manager: Towards an integrated paradigm, HRD Newsletter Vol.II, Vol.4 October - December 1995.
- Vision and practice, Co-author along with Madhavi Mehta. `Renewal` No.2, June 1996.
- Inclusiveness, Sustainability and Human Resource Development (2013). Coedited with N.M Agrawal, Biju Varkkey and Chandrima Banerjee, McGraw Hill Education(India) Pvt Ltd, Delhi
- India in the emerging global order (2008) Co-edited along with Dr. KJR Nayak, Tata McGraw Hill, New Delhi.
- Corporate Governance and Corporate Citizenship-Challenges for Business and Management Education (2003).Co-editor along with Dr. Latha Ravindran, Dr. G K Nayak and Fr. (Dr.) E Abraham. Publication of Association of Indian Management Schools.
- HRD in Real Times (2003). Published by National Institute of Personnel Management, Cochin.
- Institutionalization of Innovations in Higher Education (1999). Co-author along with Dr T V Rao and Prof. Jaya Indiresan. Publication of Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC).
- Road to Empowerment: HRD Experiences with Workers and Support staff (1996), Co-author along with Dr. Udai Pareek and Dr. Uma Jain. Publication of Academy of Human Resources Development.
Chapters in Scholarly books
- MG Jomon and Sushmita Srivastava. (2013). The pivotal Role of Personal learning in Institutionalizing mentoring in Indian corporates Inc.
- Agrawal NM, MG Jomon, Biju Varkkey and Chandrima Banerjee(eds.) Inclusiveness, sustainability and Human Resource Development, McGraw Hill Education(India) Pvt Ltd, Delhi
1. P.B. Srikant and MG Jomon . (2013) ."Importance of Organization Identification, Autonomy Orientation and Competence Mobilization in predicting Role Breadth and Role Performance" being judged as the Best Paper in the Early Research Track - B at the 7th Doctoral Colloquium organized by IIM, Ahmedabad on 9th and 10th Dec`2013.
2. Bala Madhu and MG Jomon.(2013). HR Shared Serices: The Big Picture. 3rd Confernce of the Academy of management, 12-14 December, Indian Institute of Management, Ahemdabad.
3. Sushmita Srivastava and MG Jomon. (2013). Influence of Mentoring on perforamnce. 3rd Confernce of the Academy of management, 12-14 December, Indian Institute of Management, Ahemdabad.
4. Sushmita Srivastava, MG Jomon, Munish Takur. (2013). Influennce of Relational Mentoring on based performance. 3rd Confernce of the Academy of management, 12-14 December, Indian Institute of Management, Ahemdabad.
1. Searching for Standards for European Space of Economics and Business Education - Participated and presented a Paper in the International Conference held in Warsaw, Poland (May 31st - June 2nd, 2006)
2. The knowledge society : A New Challenge for the Jesuit Business Schools Participated in the International Conference organized by IAJBS in Sao Paulo, Brazil (5-8 June, 2005)
3. Corporate Governance, 27th Eastern India Regional Conference, Rourkela, 12th December, 2004
Achievements in Professional activities
Guide/evaluator/ examiner at doctoral research level
Membership of Professional Bodies