Dr Ajith Kumar J
Qualification : B.Tech (IIT Kanpur), M.Tech (IIT, Kanpur), Ph.D (IIT Madras)
Email : email@example.com
Functional Area : PODS
- Professor, XLRI Xavier School of Management - Production, Operations and Decision Sciences since December 2014
- Professor, T A Pai Management Institute - Operations Management, 28 months
- Associate Professor, T A Pai Management Institute - Operations Management, 48 months
- Development Manager, Nippon Photographics Pvt Ltd - Operations, Marketing, 35 months
- Full-time worker in a not-for-profit organization- Production, Operations 89 months
Dr Ajith Kumar J
Academic Distinction (Awards and Scholarships)
My case titled, "Primacy: Global Design from India", won first prize in the "Innovation" category of ISB-Ivey Global Case Writing Competition, 2012. It was later published by Ivey and is currently available in their case collection.
Area of RESEARCH INTERESTS
Problem Solving and Decision Making
Production Planning and Control
Total Quality Management
Game Theory and Application
- Process improvement and forecasting at SAP ByD : SAP Labs, Bangalore in 2012 (60 days)
- Considerations in setting up a Global Design Competence Center in India : The Manipal Group, 2011 (120 days)
- Development of a Heuristic to Estimate Optimum Staff Support requirements : SAP Labs, Bangalore, 2010 (120 days)
1. Officers of IOCL (several times)
- Dutta, S. and Kumar J. A. (forthcoming), Knowledge creation and external consultants during ERP implementation: An interpretive study, Business Process Management Journal.
- Raj, A., Kumar, J. A. and Bansal, P. (2020), A Multicriteria Decision Making Approach to Study the Barriers to the Adoption of Autonomous Vehicles, Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Vol. 133, pg. 122-137.
- Rudran, R. and Kumar, J. A. (2017), Measurement scales for technology-generated customer contact, International Journal of Operations and Production Management, Vol. 37, No. 5, 534-556.
- Nandi, M. L. and Kumar, J. A. (2016), Centralization and the Success of ERP Implementation, Journal of Enterprise Information Management, Vol. 29, No. 5, 728-750.
- Kumar, J. A. and Chakrabarti, A. (2012), Bounded Awareness and Tacit Knowledge: Revisiting Challenger Disaster, Journal of Knowledge Management, Vol. 16, No. 6, 934-949.
- Kumar, J. A. and Ganesh L.S. (2011), Balancing Knowledge Strategy: Codification and Personalization During Product Development, Journal of Knowledge Management, Vol. 15, No. 1.
- Kumar, J. A. and Ganesh L.S. (2011), Inter-individual Knowledge Transfer and Performance in Product Development, The Learning Organization, Vol. 18, No. 3.
- Kumar, J. A. and Ganesh L.S. (2009), Research on Knowledge Transfer in Organizations: A Morphology, Journal of Knowledge Management, Vol. 13, No. 4.
Published Research Monographs
Chapters in Scholarly books
- with Pal A. and Biswas, A. (2015), Challenges to E-Governance projects in Public Healthcare in India in Krishna Sundar,D., Garg S. and Garg I. (Eds), Public Health in India Technology, Governance and Service Delivery, Routledge, pp.39-62.
1. (sole author) (2011), The Paradoxical Property of Knowledge in Organizations, Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, Singapore, available online at http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/
2. (sole author) (2010), Forking, Leadership Control and Social Capital in Open Innovation, Proceedings of the 5th IEEE International Conference on the Management of Innovation and Technology, Singapore, available online at http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/
- (2018), Organizational constraints in continuous production: structure and ranking?, 12th ISDSI conference held at the SP Jain Institute of Management, Mumbai, Dec 28th 30th, 2018.
- (2017), Is 5S beneficial in the workplace: what do Indian managers think?, POMS 2017 International Conference held at the MacQuarie University, Sydney, Australia, Dec 12-14.
- (2017), Managers perceptions of the benefits of 5S in the workplace: An exploration in Indian organizations, 31st ANZAM Conference held at the RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia, Dec 5-8.
- (2016), Disruption in Supply Chains: A Study Using Discrete-event Simulation, 20th Annual Conference of the Society of Operations Management held at ABV-IIITM Gwalior, Dec 22-24.
- with Rudran, R. (2015), Customer Contact: A Consolidated Framework, 19th Annual Conference of the Society of Operations Management held at IIM Calcutta, Dec 11-13.
- with Rudran, R. (2015), Measurement Scales for Technology Generated Customer Contact, 19th Annual Conference of the Society of Operations Management held at IIM Calcutta, Dec 11-13.
- (2013), A simulation-based heuristic to determine staffing levels in product support centers, 17th Annual Conference of the Society of Operations Management held at IIT Madras, Dec 20-22.
- (2012), Staff Scheduling for Service Support, 16th Annual Conference of the Society of Operations Management held at IIT Delhi, Dec 21-23.
- (2011), The Paradoxical Property of Knowledge in Organizations, IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, Singapore, Dec 6-9.
- with Ram Baliga B. (2008), Individual Knowledge, Knowledge Strategy and Product Complexity in Product Development, India Special Conference of the Strategic Management Society, ISB Hyderabad.
- with Ganesh L. S. (2007), Modelling the Sharing of Tacit Knowledge in Organizations, Eighth International Conference on Quality and Innovation Management, New Delhi.
- with Ganesh L. S. (2006), Operationalizing the Flow of Tacit Knowledge, 10th Annual Conference of the Society of Operations Management, IIM Ahmedabad.
Key note presentation
Published articles in newspapers/magazines
Cases developed for Teaching purpose
- with Chakraborty, S. and Dhaka, A. (2016), American Automobiles Limited: Production Planning Ivey Publishing.
- with Pansari A. K. (2013), SAP Labs: Staff Requirements, Ivey Publishing.
- with Sivakumar A. (2013), Primacy: Global Design from India, Ivey Publishing (won first prize in the Innovation category of ISB-Ivey Global Case Writing Competition 2012.
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Production and Operations Management Society (POMS), USA
- The Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS), Maryland, USA
- North American Case Research Association (NACRA), USA
Reviewer/Referee in Journals/ Conferences etc
- International Journal of Production Economics
- Knowledge Management Research and Practice
- VINE: The Journal of Information and Knowledge Management Systems
- Socio-Economic Planning Sciences