Prof. Apratim Guha
Qualification : Ph.D. in Statistics
Email : apratim at xlri.ac.in
Functional Area : Production, Operations & Decision Sciences
Total Experience (in months)
195 (as on 20-DEC-21)
Prof. Apratim Guha
Academic Distinction (Awards and Scholarships)
Area of RESEARCH INTERESTS
Attaining herd immunity to a new infectious disease through multi-stage policies incentivising voluntary vaccination (With Saransh Kejriwal, Sarjan Sheth, P. S. Silpa and Sumit Sarkar) Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, Volume 154, 2022, 111710. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chaos.2021.111710.
Application of pooled testing in estimating the prevalence of COVID-19 (With Pritha Guha and Tathagata Bandyopadhyay) Health Services and Outcomes Research Methodology, August 2021. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10742-021-00258-4.
Older version: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.05.26.20113696v1.full-text
Economic production lot sizing under imperfect quality, on-line inspection, and inspection errors: Full vs. sampling inspection (With Dipankar Bose). Computers & Industrial Engineering, July 2021, 107565. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cie.2021.107565.
Gravity and depth of social media networks (With Pritha Guha, Avijit Bansal and Anindya S Chakrabarti) Journal of Complex Networks, Volume 9, Issue 2, April 2021, cnab016, https://doi.org/10.1093/comnet/cnab016.
A non-parametric two-sample test using a general φ-divergence based mutual information (With Atanu Biswas and Abhik Ghosh) Statistica Neerlandica, pg. 180-202, Volume 75, Issue 2, May 2021, https://doi.org/10.1111/stan.12232.
Measuring Complexity in Financial Data (With Gaurang Singh Yadav and Anindya S. Chakrabarti) Frontiers in Physics, 2020 | https://doi.org/10.3389/fphy.2020.00339.
A note on “Economic production quantity in batch manufacturing with imperfect quality, imperfect inspection, and destructive and non-destructive acceptance sampling in a two-tier market” (With Dipankar Bose) Computers & Industrial Engineering, Article 106609. Vol. 146, 2020. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0360835220303430.
Analysing the impact of music on the perception of red wine via temporal dominance of sensations (With Qian Janice Wang, Bruno Mesz, Pablo Riera, Marcos Trevisan, Mariano Sigman and Charles Spence) Multisensory Research. Vol. 32 (4-5) 2019.
Time series characteration of gaming workload for runtime power management. (With B. Dietrich, D. Goswami, S. Chakraborty and M. Gries.) IEEE Transactions on Computers, pg. 260-273, Vol. 64(1), 2015.
Assessing the dependence structure of the components of hybrid processes using mutual information. Sankhya Series B, pg. 256-292, Vol. 77(2), 2015.
- A mutual information-based k-sample test for discrete distributions (With R. Drake) Journal of Applied Statistics, pg. 2011-2027, Vol. 41(9), 2014
- Auto-association measures for stationary time series of categorical data. (With A. Biswas, and M. C. Pardo) TEST, pg. 487-514, Vol. 23(3), 2014.
- Meta-analyss of test accuracy studies with multiple and missing thresholds: a multivariate-normal model. (With R. D. Riley, Y. Takwoingi, T. Trikalinos, A. Biswas, J. Ensor, R. K. Morris and J. J. Deeks.) Journal of Biometrics & Biostatistics 5:196. 2014.
- Modelling and coherent forecasting of zero inflated count time series (With R. Maii, A. Biswas and S. H. Ong) Statistical Modelling: An International Journal, pg. 375-398, Vol. 14(5), 2014.
- A two sample test based on mutual information (With T. Chothia) Calcutta Statistical Association Bulletin, pg. 39-54, Vol. 66 (261-262), 2014.
- Some analyses of the interaction among local field potentials and neuronal discharges in a mouse using mutual information. Journal of the Indian Society of Agricultural Statistics. pg. 117-129, Vol. 68(2), 2014.
- Time series analysis of hybrid neurophysiological data and applicaion of mutual information. (With A. Biswas) Journal of Computational Neuroscience, pg. 35-47, Vol. 29, 2010.
- Time series analysis of categorical data using auto-mutual information (With A. Biswas) Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, pg. 3076-3087, Vol. 139, 2009.
- An overview of modeling techniques for hybrid brain data (With A. Biswas) Statistica Sinica, pg. 1311-1340, Vol. 137, 2008.
- Deterministic neural dynamics transmitted through neural networks (With Dr. Yoshiyuki Asai and Prof. Alessandro E.P. Villa) Neural Networks, pg. 799-809. Vol. 21, 2008.
- Mutual information in the frequency domain (With Prof. David Brillinger) Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, pg. 1076-14, Vol. 17, 2007.
- Analysis of scoring rate in a limited over cricket match. Calcutta Statistical Association Bulletin, pg. 249-259, Vol. 5, 2003
Published Research Monographs
Chapters in Scholarly books
- Statistical measurement of information leakage. (With K. Chatzikokolakis and T. Chothia.) Tools and Algorithms for the Construction and Analysis of Systems, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 6015. Springer. Pg. 390-404. 2010.
- Time series of categorical data using auto-mutual information with application of fitting an AR(2) model. (With A. Biswas.) Advances in Multivariate Statistical Methods, Statistical Science and Interdisciplinary Research, Vol. 4, pg. 421-435, 2009.
- A statistical test for information leaks using continuous mutual information. (With T. Chothia) Computer Security Foundations Symposium (CSF), Pg. 177-190, IEEE 24th. 2011.
- Calculation of Probabilistic Anonymity from Sampled Data. (With K. Chatzikokolakis and T. Chothia.) University of Birmingham Technical Report, 2009, CSR-09-10.
- On Estimation of Number of Species and Biodiversity. (With A. Biswas.) IIMA Working paper 2013, WP2013-05-03.
- Modelling and Analysis of Multivariate Ordinal Categorical Data in Longitudinal Set up. (With A. Biswas.) IIMA Working paper, 2013, WP2013-05-04.
- ROC Curve Analysis for Randomly Selected Patients. (With T. Bandyopadhyay and S. Adhya.) IIMA Working paper, 2015, WP2015-07-02.
- Application of pooled testing in screening and estimating the prevalence of Covid-19. (With P. Guha and T. Bandyopadhyay) medRxiv (2020).doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.05.26.20113696
Key note presentation
Published articles in newspapers/magazines
Cases developed for Teaching purpose