Dr Ayatakshee Sarkar
Qualification : Mphil, PhD (Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai)
Email : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Functional Area : Organizational Behaviour
Languages Known : English, Hindi, Bengali
Professional Software Knowledge : Microsoft office; SPSS, SmartPLS
Recipient of UN PRME scholarship, New York, USA
Visiting Research Fellow at Cambridge Judge Business School, UK.
Recipient of Fetzer MSR (Management, Spirituality and Religion) Scholarship, Academy of Management, USA.
Full-Term Doctoral Fellow, Indian Council of Social Science Research.
XLRI, Jamshedpur, Assistant Professor, July 2022- present
Dr Ayatakshee Sarkar
Academic Distinction (Awards and Scholarships)
- Scholarship recipient of UN PRME, UK 2023
- Visiting Fellow (Researcher) at Judge Business School, University of Cambidge, UK, Sep-Dec 2022.
- Fetzer MSR (Management, Spirituality and Religion) scholarship to attend the prestigious conference held by the Academy of Management, 2021.
- Full-Term Doctoral Fellowship, Indian Council of Social Science Research, 2019-2020.
- Young Research Grant for carrying out fieldwork, TISS Mumbai, 2017
Area of RESEARCH INTERESTS
Microaggression; Incivility; Harrasment; Bullying; Coping mechanisms; Humanistic approaches; Creativity and Innovation; Conflict and Negotiation; Leadership; Spirituality; Qualitative methods; Quantitative (preferably SmartPLS).
- Workshop on Partial Least Square Structural Equation Modeling using SmartPLS, Organised by Manav Utthan Society (MUS), India with the support of SmartPLS GmbH, Germany. June 26th-30th, 2021.
- NTPC, 2023
- Can Gratitude Counter Workplace Toxicity? Exploring the Mediating Role of Psychological Capital (PsyCap). Business Perspectives and Research (with DK Srivastava, BK Punia, Naval Garg- ABDC-C).
- Rethinking Management Education for Sustainable Happiness and Wellbeing: Interview with Dr Saamdu Chetri. University News. Association of Indian Universities (AIU). (published in a special issue on `Realizing Sustainable Development Goals through Higher Education`)
- Workplace Spirituality and Psychological Capital (PsyCap) of the Employees: A Cross-sectional Study. Global Business Review (with Sasmita Palo and Naval Garg- ABDC- C)
- Deconstructing ahimsa at the workplace: its relevance and significance. South Asian Journal of Business Studies.( ABDC-C)
- Nonviolence at Workplace: The Way to Happiness and Wellbeing: Interview with Dr Saamdu Chetri, as the Former Head of Bhutan`s Gross National Happiness Centre. South Asian Journal of Human Resources Management. (ABDC- C)
- Vitality among university students: exploring the role of gratitude and resilience. Journal of Organizational Effectiveness: People and Performance.(with Naval Garg- ABDC- B)
- A multilevel model exploring the relationships between individual spirituality, spiritual climate, and nonviolent work behaviour. Conflict Resolution Quarterly. (with Naval Garg- ABDC- B)
- Peaceful workplace” only a myth? Examining the mediating role of psychological capital on spirituality and nonviolent behaviour at the workplace.International Journal of Conflict Management. (with Naval Garg- ABDC `A`)
- Leadership Role in Instilling Workplace Spirituality in Organizations. PURUSHARTHA-A journal of Management, Ethics and Spirituality ( Scopus: Q4)
Published Research Monographs
Chapters in Scholarly books
- Sarkar, A & Palo, S. Nonviolence behaviour at the workplace: Myth of reality? Book: Mishra, S. K., & Varma, A. (Eds.). (2019). Spirituality in Management: Insights from India. Palgrave Studies in Indian Management in association with the Indian Academy of Management. Palgrave Macmillan Publisher
- Poster Presentation on the role of nonviolence at the workplace, presented at the 24th International Congress of Vedanta, University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth USA, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, Jan 10th-12th, 2020.
- An empirical investigation on the role of gender in influencing nonviolence behaviour at the workplace was presented at the International Conference on Changing Contours of Women’s Paid and Unpaid Work held on 12th-13th July 2018, TISS Mumbai.
- Can spirituality be in the ‘left side’ of psycap: Age as a moderator in the association between spirituality and psycap’? Paper presented at 5th biennial Conference at Indian Academy of Management held on Dec 18th-20th 2017 at Indian Institute of Management, Indore. (with Prof Sasmita Palo)
- Leadership role in instilling workplace spirituality values in an organization-a conceptual framework’. Paper presented in International Conference on Spirituality and Skill for Leadership and Sustainable Management held at SMS Varanasi, India on Feb 17-18th, 2017. (Best Paper Award)
Key note presentation
- Keynote speaker at Grey HR. Topic: Mental Health of employees, 2022
- Resource Person. (Invited speaker). 7-Day Capacity Building and Skills Enhancement Programme for Teachers and Students, Dept. of English, Gulbarga University. 14th June, 2020-20th June 2020.
Published articles in newspapers/magazines
Cases developed for Teaching purpose
Achievements in Professional activities
Chairperson/Co-Chairperson in conferences
Co-ordinating/Organizing Workshop/Conferences /MDPs
Contribution towards Institution building/ development/ services such as Chairperson (Placement) etc
Guide/evaluator/ examiner at doctoral research level
Invited to deliver Keynote addresses/ speeches
Resource Person (Invited Speaker). Research Methodology, Jai Hind College, Mumbai, Jan 20th-Feb 3rd, 2023
Resource Person (Invited Speaker: Podcast Series). Psychological Safety. Hosted by Greytip Software Pvt. Ltd., Nov 2022
Resource Person (Invited Speaker: Podcast Series). Workplace Wellbeing. Hosted by Greytip Software Pvt. Ltd, April 28th, 2022
Membership of Professional Bodies
Participation in Workshops/Conferences/Forums/ Meetings etc
Teaching with cases, Offered by Harvard Business Publishing Education and the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, June 14-15, 2023 (in person seminar)
Professional Services such as Member/Editor of Editorial Board/ Advisory Committee etc
Reviewer/Referee in Journals/ Conferences etc
Research Project Undertaken