Qualification : M.A. Journalism and Communication and Ph.D. - Madras University
Email : email@example.com
Functional Area : General Management
Total Experience (in months)
108 (as on 04-SEP-20)
- Faculty of Business/Managerial Communication at Xavier Institute of Management – 2012-14
- Faculty of Business Communication at Xavier University, Bhubaneswar – 2014-2020
- Taught in various schools such as School of Business Management, Human Resource Management, Rural Management, Sustainability, Business Finance and Media – 2012-2020.
- Courses Taught: Business/Managerial Communication, Societal Analysis, Corporate Sustainability, Development Ethics, Comprehensive Studies in Media, Corporate Leadership Communication, Pastoral Communication and other short courses.
Academic Distinction (Awards and Scholarships)
- Director Finance - Xavier Institute of Management & Xavier University – 2013-2020
- Dean (Academics) - Xavier School of Communications, Xavier University - 2018 – 2020
- In-Charge - Infrastructural Development for the new University ‘Xavier University’ at Harirajpur, Pipli, Puri - 2013-2020
- Director - Xavier Council of Innovations (Sec 8 Company) – 2016 - …
- Coordinator – Xavier University Alumni Association (XUBAA) – 2017-2020
- Coordinator – Management Development Programs (MDP) and Centre at XIMB – 2012-14
- Acting Registrar – Xavier University – 2016 (for two months)
- Acting Vice-Chancellor – Xavier University – 2019 (for one month)
- Member of Board of Governors – Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar, Jamshedpur Jesuit Society and Invitee to the Governing Board of Xavier University – 2014-2020
- Member of the Governing Board of Xavier Emlyon Business School (XUB and Emlyon Business School Paris) – 2016-2020
- Coordinator of JYOTI (Jamshedpur Youth Organisation for Tomorrow’s India –Jamshedpur, 1998-1999
- Administrator - Human Life Centre (HLC) Bhubaneswar - 1999-2000
- Project Director - Education for Slum Dweller in Bhubaneswar, Orissa, India, 1999-2000
- Treasurer and Teacher: St. Xavier’s High School, Chaibasa, Jharkhand, India, 2006-‘07
- Treasurer and Teacher: Loyola School, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India, 2007-2008
Area of RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Business/Organizational/Corporate Communications
- Cross Cultural Communication and Management
- Corporate Leadership Communication
- Organizational Culture and Communication
- Media and Culture
- Societal Analysis and Development Ethics
- Sustainable Development and Corporate Sustainability
Conducted Managerial training program for the employees of IFFCO – Paradeep; NALCO – Angul; DST – Bhubaneswar; DRDO – Jagdalpur, Power Grid Corporation, OES, OFS, GA Dept, L&T, Indian Oil, CTD, and other several in-house training programs at XIMB through its Management Development Programs.
- Research Article: Article on ‘Institution Building’ published by National Human Resource Network Journal.
- Book Chapter: Research paper on Communication and Corporate Culture in the edited book, “Towards Managerial Excellence” published by MacMillan Publications, New Delhi.
- Research Paper awarded as Best Theoretical Paper by Emerald Publishing House, New York: paper on “Employee Engagement in the production of Corporate Culture through symbolic interactionism”.
- Paper presentation at the international Conferences
- On ‘Corporate Governance at Work’ at Loyola College, Chennai.
- On ‘Organizational Citizenship Behavior towards Production of Managerial Culture’ at Bharatidasan Institute of Management (BIM), Tiruchirapalli.
- On ‘Organizational symbols and corporate culture’ in a Doctoral Colloquium at IIM (Indian Institute of Management), Ahmedabad.
- On ‘Jesuits response to Sustainability Leadership through University Education’ presented at Nairobi (Kenya) - IAJBS Conference.
- On ‘Employee engagement in the production of corporate culture’ at Baruch College, New York City University – Corporate Communication International (CCI Conference).
- Participation in the International Conferences:
- ASCSB conference at Tampa, Florida – USA
- IAJBS Conference (International Association of Jesuit B Schools) at Seoul - South Korea.
Published Research Monographs
Chapters in Scholarly books
Key note presentation
Published articles in newspapers/magazines
Cases developed for Teaching purpose